Saturday, March 7, 2009

Family Fun

Today we headed down to the Dallas Zoo for some family fun! It is one of our favorite things to do together :) The weather was perfect and the crowds were small....we could not have asked for a better morning! Ava was super excited to see the Gorillas this trip. She pounded her chest with her fists and said "Ooh ooh" the entire way there. As usual it was so fascinating to see all of the amazing animals. God created them all so different, and BIG! We got up and close to an elephant and the giraffes were out to play! It was a fun day of outdoor walking and just spending time together as a family.

After we made it home from the zoo, we all crashed and took naps! It was wonderful :) Once we were up and running again we all headed to the airport (one of Matt and Ava's weekly Daddy/ Daughter date). Since it is a special Daddy and Ava thing, Ava assumed I had never been there and felt she needed to show me everything! It was so precious to watch her run over here and show me the star on the ground...and then run over here to show me the children statues....and then run over here to show me how she runs down the grass hill.....and then look, an AIRPLANE! hahahaha.... I just love her.

What a day it has been. I am so blessed to have spent the day with my wonderful family. I hope tomorrow is just as fun :)







No comments: