Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Girls Day!

Well it is absolutely freezing and icy outside, so Ava and I are spending the day in! We have had so much fun today. We have played games, had tea parties, painted, snuggled, watched movies, and we even had our own dance party! We must do hair and make up when she wakes up :) FUN! Wait until daddy comes home and sees the mess we have made! Hee hee. We have been potty training all weekend, so it has been nice staying at the house just in case ;) I am so proud of Ava. She said on Friday that she was all done with diapers and we haven't looked back since! I must say that I almost went through an entire bottle of disinfectant the first two days, but now she is having about one accident a day! Yay! Thank you to everyone who gave me advice on this! I got completely prepared to do it and just waited for Ava's timing. As most of you said....she approached me about it. Glad I waited, I think with it being "her" idea and "her" thing really helped with her motivation throughout the process. Although we are far from accident free and all of the other joys that come along with learning to use the potty, it is going good. Please pray for our first public bathroom outing! I am already grossed out and have a travel can of Lysol ready to go! Ewww!

No comments: